[Wine] Wine sources compilation questions

felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Fri Aug 25 17:09:40 CDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 08:22:13AM -0700, Randall Svancara wrote:
> Maybe they run "strip" on the wine libraries.  I believe it removes
> all the debugging information and what not.  Can someone else
> corroborate this form me?
>
> I am not sure about compiling individual files.

I believe most rpm based distros run a script on the installed files to
extract all the debug info which is then copied to another location and
is included in a wine-debuginfo package. Thus all the binaries in the
standard packages are stripped for normal use, and if you need to
perform some debugging you just install the debuginfo package.

At least that's how it works on RHEL4, FC3-5. Not sure about older
versions, or other rpm based distros.

--
Darragh

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficently talented fool."