[Wine] Theming slow wine down a lot. Can I just change colors?

Sterling Christensen sterling.christensen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 10:26:47 CDT 2006

I've tried theming, but it makes parts of the GUI very sluggish
(especially menus) and there are glitches.

Is there a way to change the colors used by unthemed wine?

-Sterling Christensen

PS: I think 9x colors are no longer the best default for wine. With no
theme, people have actually pointed at wine apps running on my desktop
and said "yuck".  It gives wine an old/obsolete look & feel by
association with the outdated Win 9x family. The darker gray also
makes for poor contrast. ReactOS lightened up to a more
Windows-2000ish gray, I think wine should too.