[Wine] Re: Strange slowdown calling Wine from PHP

Bruce Fletcher befletch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:17:37 CDT 2006

On 8/28/06, Bruce Fletcher <befletch at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I call Wine from a PHP script, it runs perfectly quickly.  When I
> call that PHP script from another one, the whole thing slows down
> dramatically.

OK, I figured out why wine was so slow when called from two nested PHP scripts.

The outermost script was waiting for all child processes of the
innermost PHP script to die, which means it was waiting on wineserver.
 Running a separate, persistent copy of wineserver eliminates the
problem.

Hopefully that helps someone else someday...

- Bruce