[Wine] Re: Error messages on installing from CD.

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Wed Dec 6 16:50:56 CST 2006

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at dougshost.invalid> wrote:
> wine E:\setup

e:\setup.exe is the executable?
What happens if you do 'cd /where/e/is/mounted && wine setup.exe?

> =>1 0xb7ea39bb strlen+0xb in libc.so.6 (0xb7ea39bb)
> 0xb7ea39bb strlen+0xb in libc.so.6: cmpb        %ch,0x0(%eax)

This is really bad. Try the second method of invocation above. If this
doesn't change, uninstall wine and sidenet, 'rm -fr ~/.wine', and install
wine again (not sidenet). I suspect that either sidenet has ruined your
installation or that it was broken from the beginning.

Daniel