[Wine] Re: How to install IE6 correctly?

Flying wu_yinghui at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 21:28:58 CST 2006

--- Jonathan Ernst <jonathan at ernstfamily.ch> wrote:

> This works automatically using current Wine and
> clean .wine and if
> your .wine is not on a network drive. What is your
> Wine version ?

No, I tried creating .wine anew (by removing my old
profile, and run winecfg again), but no luck. There
were following errors upon wineboot:
==snip==
err:wineboot:ProcessWindowsFileProtection WFP:
shdocvw.dll error 0x7
err:wineboot:ProcessWindowsFileProtection WFP:
shlwapi.dll error 0x7
err:wineboot:ProcessWindowsFileProtection WFP:
urlmon.dll error 0x7
==snip==

And looking into ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/, the
Internet Explorer/ and Output Express/ folders were
created, but there is no iexplorer.exe in the folder
(only ie6setup.exe and other intermediate files
there).

That's what I meant by "half-installed" IE6.

Any more clue? (BTW, my WINE is 0.9.27, built from
source downloaded by WineHQ on Ubuntu Edgy.)

    [o o]   |  ____|    http://over.to/freddie  |(_)
wuyinghu at comp.nus.edu.sg  | /_\ || |  | || |  | || || /_\ |
freddie_wu at writeme.com    |  __/ | |_/  || |_/  || ||  __/
isc80033 at nus.edu.sg |_|    \___/  \___/_| \___/_||_| \___/