[Wine] REMOVE ME FROM THIS LIST!!!!!

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Dec 27 16:35:39 CST 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 23:02, Stefan Leichter wrote:
> Am Wednesday 27 December 2006 20:28 schrieb Linda Ortmann:
> > I Have NO IDEA how I wound up on this mailing list,but I keep getting
> > emails from users of whatever the hell "wine" is,and I keep blocking the
> > addresses but the emails keep coming.
>
> Hi,
>
> you can do it yourself.
> Got to http://www.winehq.org/mailman/options/wine-users

This ain't gonna work is it. If she isn't the one that has subscribed her to
the list  she doesn't have a password to unsubscribe herself. So she's stuck
in a catch-22 situation.

You find yourself subscribed to a list that you personally havn't subscribed
to. To subscribe to this list you have to provide a password so that if you
want to change anything you can do so, including unsubscribing.

You find that you are subscribed to the list, even though you never
subscribed. You have no password to unsubscribe to this list you didn't
subscribe to. If this is genuine, it appears that someone has subscribed this
lady to the list, and been able to bypass the confirmation email. Now she
finds herself in the situation that she is subscribed to a mailing list that
she, personally didn't subscribe to. She has no password for this
subscription that someone else has created, so has no way of unsubscribing.

Just how do you get out of this situation?????

I think this is an interesting scenario.

Nigel.