[Wine] Re: REMOVE ME FROM THIS LIST!!!!!

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Dec 27 18:26:22 CST 2006

On Thursday 28 December 2006 00:03, Jonathan Ernst wrote:
> Le mercredi 27 décembre 2006 à 23:35 +0100, Nigel Henry a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > you can do it yourself.
> > > Got to http://www.winehq.org/mailman/options/wine-users
> >
> > This ain't gonna work is it. If she isn't the one that has subscribed her
> > to the list  she doesn't have a password to unsubscribe herself. So she's
> > stuck in a catch-22 situation.
>
> Of course you don't need a password to unsubscribe to a mailman list.
>
> Just type in your e-mail address, click unsubscribe ; you'll receive an
> e-mail with a confirmation link to unsubscribe without typing any
> password.

OK. Fair comment. Trying to terminate my subscription I only need to give my
e-mail address, then reply to the email that's sent to confirm the
termination of the subscription, and I got an e-mail asking just that. Reply
to it if you want to unsubscribe, or ignore it if someone else for instance
is trying to unsubscribe you.

So all the OP has to do is go to.
Then type in her e-mail address in the "unsubscribe or edit options" bit, then
click on the unsubscribe button further down the page. You will then receive
an email to confirm the unsubsription, as I have just received, but am not
going to reply to as I want to stay subscribed.

I hope this works for her, as we don't like disgruntled customers. lol.

Nigel.