[Wine] launching wine application for mozilla mail attachments

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Dec 30 23:02:41 CST 2006

On Saturday December 30 2006 16:10, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am trying to get a wine application to launch
> when I click on email attachments.
>
> The error I get is "The application you specified wine
> c:/windows/efaxview.exe could not be found"
>
> How do I get a wine application to run when clicking
> on an email attachment.

	It is possible that problem arises because string "wine
c:/windows/efaxview.exe" interpreted like "wine\ c:/windows/efaxview.exe".
And this is of course lead to such error. This is bug in your application and
not in Wine. As workaround try the following. Open "/usr/bin/efaxview.exe" in
your favorite text editor (as root). Then paste to this file command to run
your Windows application:

	#!/usr/bin/env sh
	 wine c:/windows/efaxview.exe $@

	Save it and close. Now execute (as root):

	chmod +x /usr/bin/efaxview.exe

	Now you can use efaxview.exe command from the shell to run it. Simply provide
this short command without spaces to your program to open mail attachments.
Hope this helps.