[Wine] wine install failure after reqression tests

Paul Romanyszyn arcelectronics at sc.rr.com
Wed Feb 1 12:00:18 CST 2006

I am not sure what happened but while doing regression tests something
changed on my system that prevents wine from installing. I can only run
wine from the tree via ./wine.

During regression testing I was making copies of the the compiled source
tree at the some of th testing points to save the compile time on the
next time I have to do a regression test.
I may have installed and uninstall a wine RPM in the process of testing.

I have tried several various date from CVS, checked my local tree with
cvs diff

I have use make clean followed by the ./configure && make depend and &&
make.
I just started to use sudo for make install but using su also fails the
same way. Both ways have worked up to now.

Now using any version  from CVS or snapshot compiled using make clean &&
./configure && make depend with su or sudo make install fails to run
with the following error:

wine: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open

A google search finds that the some problems with the install directory
for wine not in the path.
from Set
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin/:/usr/games

make uninstall displays this as it is uninstalling libwine
rm -f /usr/local/lib/libwine.a /usr/local/lib/libwine.dll
/usr/local/lib/libwine.so /usr/local/lib/libwine.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libwine.dylib /usr/local/lib/libwine.1.dylib

I did try -prefix= option on ./configure and the same results

The strange thing is this failure was observed for a while during a
different regression test and then it installed and ran ok but now it
does not run. I renamed ~/.wine also tried wine in a different session/user.

Distribution is mandriva 2005LE
I may be upgrading to mandriva 2006.

Paul R.