[Wine] Re: wine install failure after reqression tests

paul pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Wed Feb 1 18:02:01 CST 2006

Paul Romanyszyn wrote:
> I am not sure what happened but while doing regression tests something
> changed on my system that prevents wine from installing. I can only run
> wine from the tree via ./wine.
>
> During regression testing I was making copies of the the compiled source
> tree at the some of th testing points to save the compile time on the
> next time I have to do a regression test.
> I may have installed and uninstall a wine RPM in the process of testing.
>
> I have tried several various date from CVS, checked my local tree with
> cvs diff
>
> I have use make clean followed by the ./configure && make depend and &&
> make.
> I just started to use sudo for make install but using su also fails the
> same way. Both ways have worked up to now.
>
> Now using any version  from CVS or snapshot compiled using make clean &&
> ./configure && make depend with su or sudo make install fails to run
> with the following error:
>
> wine: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open
>
> A google search finds that the some problems with the install directory
> for wine not in the path.
> from Set
> PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin/:/usr/games
>
> make uninstall displays this as it is uninstalling libwine
> rm -f /usr/local/lib/libwine.a /usr/local/lib/libwine.dll
> /usr/local/lib/libwine.so /usr/local/lib/libwine.so.1
> /usr/local/lib/libwine.dylib /usr/local/lib/libwine.1.dylib
>
> I did try -prefix= option on ./configure and the same results
>
> The strange thing is this failure was observed for a while during a
> different regression test and then it installed and ran ok but now it
> does not run. I renamed ~/.wine also tried wine in a different
> session/user.
>
> Distribution is mandriva 2005LE
> I may be upgrading to mandriva 2006.
>
> Paul R.
Update
I just finished a fresh install of Mandriva 2005le on second system and
then copied my wine tree over did a make clean, cvs update. ./configure.

I added the missing rpms until ./configure worked. Finish the makes su
to install and the same error of can't find libwine.so when running
wineprefixcreate.

Paul