[Wine] Could not load 'SOUND.DLL' required by 'sierrawh', error=2

Mike Leahy mgleahy at golden.net
Thu Feb 2 15:55:26 CST 2006

No luck...the softsnd.dll also does not work.  I looked at the debug
output, and it appears that the sound.dll is being searched for, then
found in the following location:

/home/mgleahy/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/sound.dll

This appears to be correct, but still I get error=21 (I think I could
put a link to any file I want and I'll get the same).  I do notice
earlier in the debug output the following:

0009:Call kernel32.__wine_dll_register_16(597f5e58,597abc3f "sound.drv")
ret=59787f07

Is that an issue at all?

Mike