[Wine] Beginner needs help !

Fabien PERDU fabien.perdu at m4x.org
Fri Feb 3 05:10:02 CST 2006

Hello everybody.

I am not new to linux but new to wine.
I run Fedora Core 4.

I tried various rpms for wine (from fedora extras, from
newrpms.sunsite.dk, and from winehq), with always the same conclusion :
I am unable to run anything, even winecfg.

[wec at wec-vero ~]$ winecfg
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/wec/.wine'...

No error message, but no window opens :-((

I can get the control back with Ctrl-C, which leaves several processes (wineserver,wine-preloader,and wineprefixcreate). I can kill them all except wine-preloader (even with kill -9). I now have a bunch of them...

Anyone got an idea ?

	WEC.