[Wine] Re: [AppDB] modify installs and runs fields

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:59:15 CST 2006

Mike McCormack wrote:

> Actually it appears other share my altered sense of reality.
>
> World Of Warcraft 1.3.0  is the top ranking "Gold" application, yet it
> requires mfc42, msvcp60.dll and possibly some patches to run.
>
> MS Money is also in the Gold list and requires DCOM95 and IE6.
>
> Are you really sure people understand what your definition of Gold is?
>
> Mike

Crap!!!

Well http://appdb.winehq.org/help/?topic=maintainer_ratings spells it
out that gold is just that.

An application can be rated as Gold if it installs and runs "out of the
box".

Some maintainers may have a distorted or over optimistic opinion of
their application. So we need to clean that up and change these "False
Gold" applications to "Silver"

If anyone else knows of any other "False Gold" applications please let
us know.  appdb at winehq.org

--

Tony Lambregts