[Wine] MS Office XP Chinese

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:53:37 CST 2006

On 2/8/06, Doug Wu <wudouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Dotan
>
>  How do you install it?
>
>  Select Microsoft Office 2000 and follow the instructions in Winetools?
>
>  I even have problem to install Office XP English version. Winetools can't
> find the installer. My Office XP is SP1. I think SP1 no longer use setup.exe
> for installation.
>
>  Will be appreciate for your advice.
>
>  Regards
>
>  Douglas
>
> On 2/7/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2/5/06, Doug Wu <wudouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  I would like to know whether it is possible to install MS Office
> Chinese
> > > with Wine?
> > >
> > >  Doug
> > >

> > I can tell you that I successfully installed MS Office in Hebrew on a
> > Hebrew installation of Fedora Core 3. Is your OS in Chinese?
> >
> > Dotan Cohen

I really don't remember- it was  about half a year ago that I
installed it when I installed FC4. When I was satisfied that Open
Office 2 would suit me (about October) I removed Wine completly (along
with _lots_ of other things). But I did use Winetools and at one point
Crossover Office. I don't remember if the MS Office was installed with
CX or with Winetools.

I can tell you that I don't remember having any problems with it. The
only problems that I had in general with wine were with IE (which
installed fine) and with a non supported application (BrilliantPhoto).
Both regular wine and CX had the same problems with these two
applications.

Dotan
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/how_much_memory_will_i_need_for_my_digital_camera.html