[Wine] Wine & Putty & telnet

Mr Duck tld at codeexamples.org
Thu Feb 9 08:55:01 CST 2006

Zvone Zagar wrote:
> (compiled from source). Then I tried Putty 0.58.
> It starts OK. I can get login prompt from any sshd. But I don't get a
> login prompt when I try to connect to any telnet servers.
> Putty for Linux works.
> Any idea ? I would appreciate any clue.

   I'm not exactly sure why you would want to run PuTTY for
Windows when, as you even know, PuTTY for Linux works just
fine.  There's no reason to use the Windows version.

 > It starts OK. I can get login prompt from any sshd. But I don't get a
 > login prompt when I try to connect to any telnet servers.

   Make sure that your Windows PuTTY sessions that you wish
to use telnet with are using 23, not 22.  You probably checked
this, but it never hurts to double-check.

Mr Duck