[Wine] Sims help

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at gurulounge.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 9 14:14:39 CST 2006

When I install multi-cd games I generally have to implicitly SU in a
terminal, and mount the new CD.  I think the last time I had this
problem (installing American McGee's Alice) I did SU in a console,
unmounted the CD with "umount -l /mnt/hdc".  Eject didn't work so I used
a paperclip to eject the CD manually.  Inserted the second CD and
remounted it "mount /dev/hdc /[mymountpoint]".

I've noticed that multi disk installers tend to keep the CD drive locked
so they can't be unmounted or ejected. Hence the procedure above.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

     .^.
     /V\