[Wine] Re: Debugging an application crash

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Thu Feb 16 00:25:51 CST 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:54:09 -0800, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

>The problem with this answer is that I cannot supply sufficient information for
>anyone else to debug the crash if I cannot even display anything more than I
>showed in my original posting to this thread.

That is right, with a bit of luck the debugger will start showing  a
meaningful back trace.

If the documentation (you only need to add two registry values as
described in section 1.5.1 of the developer guide) is incomprehensible,
you can wipe out your ~/.wine directory. The first time wine is run, a
new wine configuration is created, including registry values for
automatic launching windbg.

Rein.