[Wine] wine and drawing functions

andreoli at weblab.ing.unimo.it andreoli at weblab.ing.unimo.it
Mon Feb 20 10:15:43 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm using wine under debian unstable (version 0.9.7-1) to run a chess
client application for the playchess server. Almost everything runs fine,
except for two things I'm going to mention.

1. the chess client application requires a mozilla activeX plugin for an
integrated browser. Wine asks me to download and install the plugin, but
the Web pages do not seem to load and the application gets stuck. I can't
reproduce a detailed trace of what is happening.

2. the chess client application has a feature for displaying a 3D earth
map of the city a player is coming from. When I try to access this
feature, wine crashes with the following trace:

reprfixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
epoll_ctl: Operation not permitted
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
You need to install the Mozilla ActiveX control to
use Wine's builtin CLSID_WebBrowser from SHDOCVW.DLL
fixme:shdocvw:ProvideClassInfo_GetGUID (0xb79b6dd8)->(1 0xb79b6d30)
fixme:shdocvw:ProvideClassInfo_GetGUID Wrongly returning
IPropertyNotifySink interface {9bfbbc02-eff1-101a-84ed-00aa00341d07}
fixme:shdocvw:QuickActivate_QuickActivate (0xb79b6dd8)->(0x7fb6f62c
0x7fb6f66c)
fixme:shdocvw:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0xb79b6dd8)
fixme:shdocvw:OleObject_Close (0xb79b6dd8)->(1)
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_SETOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_SETOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 8 lpiArray 0xb7156488
fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 12 lpiArray 0xb7151f18
fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 8 lpiArray 0xb715c530
fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 8 lpiArray 0xb71562f8
fixme:rebar:REBAR_MaximizeBand (uBand = 0 fIdeal = FALSE) case not coded
fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 12 lpiArray 0xb6661b30
fixme:rebar:REBAR_MaximizeBand (uBand = 0 fIdeal = FALSE) case not coded
fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 12 lpiArray 0xb6c6d668
fixme:rebar:REBAR_MaximizeBand (uBand = 0 fIdeal = FALSE) case not coded
fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 12 lpiArray 0xb6fae350
fixme:rebar:REBAR_MaximizeBand (uBand = 0 fIdeal = FALSE) case not coded
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  58 (X_SetDashes)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  2977814

Can anyone provide me with more insight on what is going on? I searched
the archives without much success.
Please CC me because I'm not subscribed to the list.

Cheers
Mauro Andreolini