[Wine] screensavers in general

thomas.mern at arcor.de thomas.mern at arcor.de
Wed Feb 22 15:07:33 CST 2006

Hi,

I tried some windows screensavers with Wine.
Most screensavers start with the configuration screen without a possibility to start the main
screensaver part.
It's the same thing when I rename a screensaver file from 'somewhat.scr' to 'somewhat.exe' and
try to run it with a doubleclick on my Windows 2000 PC. (*.scr: the screensaver starts, *.exe: the configuration screen appears)
Windows seems to handle the same file slightly different when it's named '*.scr' instead of '*.exe'
Maybe an argument or parameter?

My question is can Wine somehow start the main screensaver part of an *.scr file instead of the
configuration screen? Maybe with some kind of argument?
I found no hint about that in the Wine Wiki screensavers article.
http://wiki.winehq.org/ScreenSavers

regards
Thomas

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2