[Wine] "misteriosus" output message

f_sophia f_sophia at libero.it
Sun Feb 26 17:56:40 CST 2006

Hi Uwe.

>     Antonio> Hi, After the new installation of wine (9.0/ 9.3/ 9.5), I'm
>     Antonio> getting these lines of output:
>
>     Antonio> fixme:shell:_SHGetDefaultValue (2,L""), LoadString failed,
>     Antonio> missing translation?  fixme:shell:_SHGetDefaultValue (6,L""),
>     Antonio> LoadString failed, missing translation?
>     Antonio> fixme:shell:_SHGetDefaultValue (2,L""), LoadString failed,
>     Antonio> missing translation?  fixme:shell:_SHGetDefaultValue (6,L""),
>     Antonio> LoadString failed, missing translation?
>     Antonio> fixme:shell:_SHGetDefaultValue (23,L""), LoadString failed,
>     Antonio> missing translation?  fixme:shell:_SHGetDefaultValue (31,L""),
>     Antonio> LoadString failed, missing translation?
>
>     Antonio> Wine works... however sometimes these lines appear also with
>     Antonio> wine-execution.
>
>     Antonio> What these lines mean?  Why?
>
>     Antonio> Any help is very welcomed. :-) Thanks.
>
> Run with DEBUGMSG=+shell,+resource,+accel to get more context. A wild
> guess: Some values in dlls/shell32/shell32_It.rc are missing

I tested some applications with "missing translation" error (only).
DEBUGMSG=+shell,+resource,+accel didn't get more contex about it.

I examined alsa dlls/shell32/shell32_It.rc...
It's OK.

The "misteriosus" output message is still mysterious.

However I found two errors about italian orthography.
Can I inform the developer?
How?

I found alsa a highly uncompleted Esperanto language interface.
I want to work on it.
Can I send my work?
How?

Regards