[Wine] Probelms with configuring Wine

Samatha Kottha samatha.kottha at tu-dresden.de
Tue Feb 28 09:34:41 CST 2006

Hi!

I have a dual booting system with Windows XP and Suse 10.0. I installed
Office 2003 on windows. I wish to use MS Office from Suse. So, I
installed Wine packages that came with the Suse distribution (yast). Now
I am trying to configure wine using "winecfg".  I am just following the
instructions from
http://www.winehq.com/docs/en/wineusr-guide.html#USING-WINECFG

I added the application (EXCEL) by choosing the EXCEL.EXE from windows
partition but I do not know what DLL to set under libraries tab. However
when I try to access this application using wine command I am getting
"IOPL not enabled" error. I do not know anything about wine but I think
this is because of read only windows partition. So, I tried to install
MS Office applications (word, excel, and ppt) from the Office CD by choosing the setup exe files and getting
"CreateWindowExA bad class name ..." error.

Could someone help me out? How to install or configure wine to use MS Office?  Please reply to me as I am not on the mailing list.

Thank you.

regards,
Samatha