[Wine] Better fonts in wine?

Anand Buddhdev arb at anand.org
Tue Feb 28 18:32:12 CST 2006

I'm using wine 0.9.7 from the extras repository on Fedora Core 4. I've
installed a windows program using wine. The program works very well;
however, the fonts it uses are ugly and difficult to read. The rest of
my system (KDE) uses smooth, beautiful, anti-aliased fonts, and this
windows program is the only exception.

I read the FAQ on the wine homepage, and it says to copy the
windows .ttf fonts to .wine/drive_c/windows/fonts. I have done that,
but the program's fonts are as ugly as ever.

The developer of the windows application has told me that his program
makes use of Arial and Courier New fonts. Is there I can get wine to
use a font of my choice instead of these fonts? And can I also make
wine use bigger fonts?

BTW, the program is LeXpert, if anyone wants to take a look. It's free
software, and helps Scrabble players search for and study words:

http://www.carolravi.com

Regards,

Anand