[Wine] Re: Wine and Java timezone problem.

Anders Rønningen anders.ronningen at tandberg.net
Mon Jan 2 06:24:25 CST 2006

Dan Kegel wrote:
> anders.ronningen at tandberg.net wrote:
>
>> I am using wine to compile code for Texas Instruments dsp's. One step
>> in the process is generating code from a graphic configuration file
>> (tcf). When I try to do that, it fails with some Java related
>> messages. The -b in my command tells tconf.exe to run in batch mode,
>> so it doesn't try to open a GUI or something like that. I ran the same
>> command in a dos-shell   and it worked like a charm.
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> wine c:/updates/bios_5_20_01/xdctools/tconf -b
>> -Dconfig.importPath=c:/updates/bios_5_20_01/packages tiger.tcf
>> err:font:ReadFontDir Can't open directory
>> "/home/anr/.wine/dosdevices/c:/WINNT/Fonts"
>> err:font:ReadFontDir Can't open directory "/usr/share/fonts/ttf/western"
>> Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
>> to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
>> config file
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
>>          at
>> sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfoFile.createZoneInfo(ZoneInfoFile.java:527)
>

> A few questions:
> 1) Which version of Wine are you using?
> 2) What's the name of the TI development software you're using?
>    Is it Code Composer Studio,
>
> http://focus.ti.com/dsp/docs/dspsupportnp.tsp?sectionId=3&tabId=451&familyId=44
>
>    ?  If so, we have a page about it at
>    http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=2034
> 3) What version of that software are you using?
> 4) Have you been using it successfully with wine for long, or is this
> your first try?
> 5) Java, eh?  Can you tell what version of the Java runtime it's using?
> - Dan

1) Wine 20050211
2) & 3) Code Composer Studio v3.10, with DSP/BIOS v5.20. But I am not
using the GUI, only the compiler/linker executables under wine.
4) I have been using the setup with success for a long time, but when I
upgraded to DSP/BIOS 5.20, the process to generate c-kode from the
configuration file changed. It's that process that fails now.
5) There's a readme for v1.4.2 of jre, so that may be the one.

- Anders