[Wine] Leisure Suit Larry's Greatest Hits and Misses

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sat Jan 7 03:40:10 CST 2006

I am now at the point where I have one more thing to install before I
can scrap my Windows box - and it's Leisure Suit Larry's Greatest Hits
and Misses.

I have installed the DOS-based parts of it in dosbox, and also used
sarien and freesci to handle some of it, but there is a significant part
of this collection that needs Windows.

Trying an installation with the default Windows version set to anything
NT-based goes wrong: the install tries to default to the wrong drive.
Allowing access only to the C: and D: drives, it fails to install
claiming a lack of disk space.

With the default Windows version set to 95, 98 or ME, the installation
proceeds, but then appears to do nothing on the appearance of Program
Manager. If I close it and try to run the programs, they complain about
missing files, but non-specifically, unless they mention sierra.ini,
which is in place but the programs are failing to find it.

Setting the default Windows version to 3.1 gives a problem with one of
the DLLs (can find out which if necessary) when I try to install, or to
run winecfg.

My overall installation is based on winetools, and I am running
wine-0.9.5. I am prepared to move stuff out of the way to try other
means of installing, if necessary.

If anyone can advise how I install this, I would bve very grateful.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95