[Wine] Re: VB on Linux with Wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 9 11:33:05 CST 2006

On 1/8/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> >We have 50 complex applications written in Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
> >providing banking solutions. We are seriously thinking of porting
> >our applications to Linux under WINE. Is it possible to do so?
>
> Yes.  It will take some effort, though.
> Please see my Wine for Windows ISVs page,
>     http://kegel.com/wine/isv
> I'd be happy to help you get started ...

I forgot to mention:
Automated test suites are very helpful for validating applications on Wine.
Do you have an automated test suite for your apps?
And if so, do you use a third party tool like WinRunner
or SilkTest to run your tests?  If so, I'd like
to test it under Wine.  See http://kegel.com/wine/testsw.html
for my test tool test results so far.  IMHO getting test tools
like this working should be one of the Wine team's high priorities.

- Dan