[Wine] running a VB6 application without display

Adrien Laurent adrien at modulis.ca
Fri Jan 20 12:13:35 CST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I have an old VB6 application that is running fine with wine under X.

The application run on command line but use windows if there is an error
(which I don't need when running in production)

I need to run this application from command line only (I'm calling it
from a php script), but MSVBVM60.DLL failed to initiate, when there is
no DISPLAY running. This is the error I get when I run it from shell

Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "MSVBVM60.DLL" failed to initialize,
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"Z:\\home\\consensusfinder\\conmgt.exe" failed, status c0000142

Do you have an idea of how I could make this work?

Thanks a lot,

Adrien Laurent
(514) 284-2020
adrien at modulis.ca