[Wine] puzzled

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 02:52:40 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 01:41 +0000, Jim Showalter wrote:
> Just installed Wine for the first time last night, so am new here.
>
> Reading this news group while waiting for a reply to an earlier post,
> I notice that something like a third of the posts here are dupes or
> reposts.
>
> I've never seen this in a technical news group before.  Is this a
> malfunction of the news client?

It's more likely just the nature of the beast we have to deal with. Some
problems with wine are common - getting IE6 to install and printing for
instance - but most are just weird and very diverse. People find that
no-one answers their queries (because no-one else knows) and they repost
in the hope of an answer 2nd time round.

alan