[Wine] SuSE 9.3, building rpm from source

Zvone Zagar zvone.zagar at aero.si
Mon Jul 3 05:27:39 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I tried to build a wine-0.9.16.rpm from wine-0.9.16-SuSE93.src.rpm .
Building was successful.  On  running  winecfg  I was  surprised. There
is NO TEXT (in labels, buttons, ...).
Just a window with empty buttons,tabs,... The same with notepad.
I also compiled  from wine-0.9.16.tar.bz2 with all needed libraries. The
same effect.
Then I even tried  older src files (wine-0.9.12[345].SuSELinux.src.rpm.
Always the same. If I install the SuSE rpm from winehq, then it works as
it should.
Why i do that ? It has to do with my earlier post: UNHANDLED PAGE FAULT
...!!
I have tried the building on three different PCs (SuSE 9.3).
Compiling and running  on SuSE 10.1  is OK! I tried only from
wine-0.9.16.tar.bz2

There must be something missing on PCs used for building RPMs. But what ?
All SuSE 9.3 boxes  are updated.
Any clue ?

Thanks

Zvone Zagar