[Wine] Re: Segmentation Fault

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Mon Jul 3 11:16:53 CDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 09:05:27AM -0700, AWW wrote:

> > AWW <au79 at 987.edu> wrote:
> >> Wine 9.16 gives me nothing more than a "Segmentation Fault" and
> >> dies quitely.
> > Upon running your application, or just upon invoking wine (winecfg,
> > regedit,...)?
> Just invoking wine or winecfg causes the segmentation fault; I am able
> to get the version number, but that's just about it.

i had a similar problem recently as i have compiled half of the source
with a new compiler (new minor version of gcc). maybe some old stuff is
still lying around from a previous install? if you roll your own wine,
do a make clean and build from scratch as maybe there is a change in
your build environment?

--
cu