[Wine] Re: Running Windows Oracle App into linux

Legine legine.wine at web.de
Fri Jul 7 10:09:37 CDT 2006

Vinicius 'Corvu' BR schrieb:
> Hi!
> I'm trying to update my Wine Version (0.9.16 and 0.9.20), but it can't
> see the glibc (it says the glibc is not installed). I'm working on it
> now.

Most distribution do not install the compiler as standard. look for gcc...
> I contacted the software developer and he said me he didn't try it yet,
> but said to try to install the Oracle Windows-version under Linux.
> Note: the Linux Version of Oracle is not seem by the software.

I do not think you need to do that.
Normaly your software should communicate through a socket with the
Oracle database.
Well at least as far as I know. And wine uses automaticly networkstuff
in a right way.
> Thanks for the help.

hope it helps
Legine