[Wine] how to install matlab using Wine in Debian (Knoppix) or Fedora?

rajiv sahay sahayiitm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:00:35 CDT 2006

Hello Frank,
I am a reserch student at the Indian Institute of Technology in Chennai,
India. I need to work in Matlab Release 12 or Release 14 for my research
purpose. The OS I like and use is Linux, (Debian, Fedora), is it possible to
install Matlab 6.5 or 7.x using wine? I saw your website
www.frankscorner.org and saw some instructions. Can you please give me a
step by step instruction step for installing Matlab using Wine? I don't have
much experience using Wine tools  but am really intersted to learn how to
install Matlab.

Hoping to hear from you soon!!
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,