[Wine] mike.exe - It used to work.

Thomas H. George lists at tomgeorge.info
Wed Jul 12 14:30:09 CDT 2006

mike.exe is Counting at Bridge by Mike Lawerence.

It used to work as installed by Windows in a Windows partition and
started with wine version 0.0.20050310-1.2 as installed from the debian
package on a Sarge box with a 2.6.11 kernel.

          (It wasn't perfect. The card symbols were odd characters but
the program ran with no difficulties.)

I switched to debian testing with a 2.6.15 kernel with wine version
0.9.12-1 and installed the program in
.wine/fake_windows/Programs/mike/mike.exe.  The program starts with an
empty screen and the book option shaded out (in
.wine/fake_windows/Programs/mike there is a subdirectory book containing
lawerence.bok).  The program exits normally from the File/Exit option
and wine reports success.  Do I need add a path to lawerence.bok?  If
so, how?  If not, what else could be wrong?

Tom George