[Wine] How do I pass parameters to my program when using WINE?

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 07:51:25 CDT 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the proper way of passing parameters to my program
that is being run by WINE.  I've been trying different things I've found in
Google, but none have seemed to work yet.  The parameters work in a Windows
environment, so I do believe the program is okay.  This is on a SUSE/SLES 9
machine using WINE .917.  If I want to pass the parameter "/SLEEP:10" to a
program called "myapp.exe", how would I do it?  I've found and tried the
following formats, and none have worked so far:

   wine myapp.exe /SLEEP:10

   wine /full/path/myapp.exe /SLEEP:10

   wine "/full/path/myapp.exe /SLEEP:10"

   wine myapp.exe -- /SLEEP:10

   wine myapp.exe -- myapp.exe /SLEEP:10

I've seen the "--" in many examples online, but have not found it in the
documentations so far.  Some of what I've read indicated that BOTH wine and
my program would try to use ALL the parameters, except for the ones that
come after the "--" (which would only go to my program).

Any suggestions?

thanks!