[Wine] Re: Running Turbo C

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:31:34 CDT 2006

On 13/07/06, Plamen Vassilev <plamen.vassilev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Dotan,
>
> Consider using DosBox from http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/
> I successfully installed and ran Turbo C from
> http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234112/Spring2006/en/ho_Turbo-C.html
> without any tweaking.
> I downloaded
> http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234112/Spring2006/ho/WCFiles/TURBOC30.zip,
> unzipped it and ran the install.exe installer.
> The Turbo C installed into C:\TC\
> The IDE runs fine and I managed to compile and run a simple Hello world
> program that looked like this:
>
> <CODE>
> #include <iostream.h>
> main()
> {
>   cout << "Hello world";
> }
> </CODE>
> the output was as expected.
>
> I hope it will work for you too.
>
> --
> regards
> Plamen Vassilev
> Software Engineer & System Administrator
>
> Bulgaria, Varna
> T: +359 52 644615
> M: +359 899 989647
> E: plamen.vassilev at gmail.com

Thanks, Plamen. I had no luck with dosbox, but I'll try it again.
Maybe this time I'll be more determined as I know that you had
succeeded. Thank you very much for installing and testing Turbo C.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com

OT: We visited Varna in September 2004. We loved it and we'll definetly be back!