[Wine] Re: Running Turbo C

G.S. Link gslink at onenospam.net
Thu Jul 13 12:25:34 CDT 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 13/07/06, Plamen Vassilev <plamen.vassilev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Dotan,
>>
>> Consider using DosBox from http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/
>> I successfully installed and ran Turbo C from
>> http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234112/Spring2006/en/ho_Turbo-C.html
>> without any tweaking.
>> I downloaded
>> http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234112/Spring2006/ho/WCFiles/TURBOC30.zip,
>>
>> unzipped it and ran the install.exe installer.
>> The Turbo C installed into C:\TC\
>> The IDE runs fine and I managed to compile and run a simple Hello world
>> program that looked like this:
>>
>> <CODE>
>> #include <iostream.h>
>> main()
>> {
>>   cout << "Hello world";
>> }
>> </CODE>
>> the output was as expected.
>>
>> I hope it will work for you too.
>>
>> --
>> regards
>> Plamen Vassilev
>> Software Engineer & System Administrator
>>
>> Bulgaria, Varna
>> T: +359 52 644615
>> M: +359 899 989647
>> E: plamen.vassilev at gmail.com
>

> Thanks, Plamen. I had no luck with dosbox, but I'll try it again.
> Maybe this time I'll be more determined as I know that you had
> succeeded. Thank you very much for installing and testing Turbo C.
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://what-is-what.com
>
> OT: We visited Varna in September 2004. We loved it and we'll definetly
> be back!

When running Dosbox please remember that out of the box it will not run
on and FC4 or 5 kernel past 2108.  This may be due to some feature of SE
Linux but it doesn't run even with SE shut off on later kernels.  Some
of the later kernels also seem to cause Wine to do strange things in the
video.  I haven't reported a problem because I haven't quite been able
to figure out what is wrong.