[Wine] PreP

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Thu Jul 13 12:50:40 CDT 2006

Stefan Munz <stefan.munz at itomig.de> wrote:
>>     And I obtain this error:
>> 6667: assertion failed "(*(const char*)_DBUS_FUNCTION_NAME) != '_'" file
>> "dbus-connection.c" line 2877 function _dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch
>> wine: Call from 0x40c4bf to unimplemented function MFC42.DLL.6625, aborting

No problems here on wine 0.9.17. Of course, I don't have any files for
this program, so all I can do is click around in the menu.

> quick guess: did you install/copy native MFC dlls? If not, try to copy them
> from your windows box (I'm not sure wether you need a Windows licence). You
> can verify with the environment variable WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wether Wine loads
> mfc* native.

The error he is getting does not result from a missing DLL. wine itself
does not contain mfc42.dll, so you need to use a native one anyway.
My guess:
Either the wine version is too old, or mfc42.dll is sensitive to the
emulated windows version (mine is W2K).

> BTW: some additional information like your wine version would be helpfull.

Yes, very.

Daniel