[Wine] re: DirectDraw Issues continue

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jul 13 22:57:58 CDT 2006

Martin wrote:
> I'll provide logs and things if asked.
>  * Pharaoh - used to work back in 0.9.15 and still does in cvs 2006-07-02
>     [ but is broken in 0.9.17 ]
>  * C&C Generals - Fails to run
>  * Discworld Noir - Fails to install
>  * Imperialism II - Graphical tiles issue (DDRAW)
>  * Industry Giant II - Fails to run
>  * Star trek SFC3 - Fails to run
>  * Tropico - Fails to run
>  * CSI - Fails to install
>  * Fugawi - Fails to display maps
>  * Settlers IV - Fails to run
>
> This isn't a list of failures, this is a list of every program I have
> tried in the last month with wine, not _one_ works.

The wine developers probably don't have those games laying around;
could you try to find URLs for downloadable demos for them
(e.g. Pharoh's demo is at
http://www.download.com/Pharaoh/3000-7482_4-916851.html,
right?) and file bug reports at http://bugs.winehq.org for them
if they don't already have any.  Please be specific about the failure,
and include any messages output on the wine console when the games fail.

BTW Pharoh demo seems to run perfectly for me with wine from git (0.9.17
plus a bit).
- Dan