[Wine] How to run japanese app with wine

Kazuki Yatsuga hartzzenen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 18:30:53 CDT 2006

Hi there.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I've searched a lot about it
and couldn't find an answer so here it goes: How can I run japanese
applications with wine? I've tried editing the Fonts section in .wine/config
to use japanese fonts (like jis and watanabe) but the applications only
display weird characters in place of the japanese chars. What do I have to
do so the applications will display correctly japanese text? Thanks for your
help!