[Wine] Does Wine support IO Completion Ports?

Uwe Bonnes bon at hertz.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 17 04:07:39 CDT 2006

Xn Nooby <xnooby at gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 12 lines --]

> Hello,

> I am trying to run a custom Windows application using WINE.  The windows
> program uses "IO Completion Ports" to listen for incoming connections.  The
> program does not seem to work running under WINE on SUSE 9 Linux.  Looking
> at Google, it appears IO Completion Ports is not yet implemented.  Is this
> the case?

If nobody answers, probably nobody is involved or nobody involved reads your
message.

The definite answer is the source. Checkout CVS wine or download the recent
wine release. Look what function the program uses, either in the source or
by running with WINEDEBUG=+relay, find out what functions misbehave and look
at the implementation of these functions in the code

B.t.w. if you use wine from Suse9, it is ages old.
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de