[Wine] Re: Wine, good, evil, and black and white 2

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+d41d at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 17:43:17 CDT 2006

On 7/18/06, Legine <legine.wine at web.de> wrote:
> Maybe you could only compile the dlls affected and do a dll override for
> the game that point to your compiled dlls.
> You do not save yourself downloading the sources, but at least you do
> not compile everything again.
> I never tried this of course but I think this could work.

I've done something like this with Worms: Armageddon. If you rename
the .dll.so files to .dll and put them in the application directory,
the app will use them. Unfortunately, this did not save me from
compiling all of wine. Maybe if you knew what was required you could
do it, but make wouldn't figure it out for me.

Multiple installations are not possible, but if you compile wine
yourself, you can run it from the source tree without installing.

--
Vincent Povirk