[Wine] Trainz Railroad Simulator: font problem

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed Jul 19 00:02:21 CDT 2006

Hello,
  I would like to ask, whether anybody there is running Trainz Railroad
Simulator game.
  I've successfully installed the game from its CD, but I have problem to
run it, because its texts are mostly not displayed.
  It's a Czech (localized) version of the game. It starts properly, but in
its menus, there are no texts, except some lonely characters (underscore,
some accented Czech letters etc.). So it's not possible to configure
a game, select track/machine/schedule etc. The game is simply unusable.
  Please note that otherwise I don't have any problems with fonts in wine:
All the other apps, starting with system ones like MSIE and ending with games
like Settlers IV or IL2 FB, have all the texts perfectly rendered and visible.
  It appears with current wine (0.9.17+), but it's appearing for a long time,
at least half a year, without any changes.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                With regards, Pavel Troller