[Wine] X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Nick Law nlaw at nildram.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 04:25:42 CDT 2006

Randall Svancara wrote:
> I have compiled wine 0.9.17 with the wine-wow patch.  I start up WoW
> with double buffering enabled and WoW fails.  I disable double
> buffering in winecfg and wine starts, but the screen flickers as a
> result of disabling double buffering.  I am using an nvidia 6600gt
> graphics card, amd athlon 3000 cpu with 1GB of ram.  I am running
> Fedora Core 5.  I am using the latest and greatest driver from NVIDIA.
> I am using hardware opengl.
>
> I receive the following error:
>
> fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONTEXT_VALUE;
> STUB
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
>  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
>  Serial number of failed request:  848
>  Current serial number in output stream:  848
>
> In the AppDB it said to restart your XSession and everything should
> work fine, however this does not seem to help.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thanks

How far does it get, can you login ?

Have you done the following as per one of the Fedora Core 5 test results

etc/sysctl.conf

    # Disable exec shield
    kernel.exec-shield = 0
    vm.legacy_va_layout = 1

/etc/sysconfig/prelink

    # Set this to no to disable prelinking altogether
    # (if you change this from yes to no prelink -ua
    # will be run next night to undo prelinking)
    PRELINKING=no #change this to no

Nick