[Wine] Re: [Debian Sarge] dependency on libxxf86dga1

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Jun 3 13:25:52 CDT 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 17:24, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:
> >> http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/w/wine/
> >>
> >> Sorry for my ignorance, what do I need to enter in my
> >> /etc/apt/sources.list to include this (and only this)?
> >
> >See.  http://www.backports.org/instructions.html
> >
> >Just change the "mutt" example to wine
> >
> >I havn't tried this on Sarge, but presume it works ok.
>
> I did and used dselect. I get a dependency on libwine which
> does not resolve. So I also added libwine to the
> preferences. Still no success.
>
> pi

Right. I've just booted up Debian Sarge, and I don't have
an /etc/apt/preferences. Doh!

Ok. I've added the source URL for backports to /etc/apt/sources.list , then
run
aptitude update, then opened up synaptic. Wine is there, as a package from
backports along with all the other backported packages, and as I thought also
needs libwine as a dependency. Its DL'ing libwine (10.6MB) on dialup at the
moment.

BIG WARNING. Make sure to comment out the backports URL after DL'ing and
installing Wine, and winelib, putting a # in front of the URL, and saving the
change. If you don't do this, the next time you run an apt-get dist-upgrade,
all the packages that you have on your machine, and are marked for updating
from the backports repo, will be updated, which apart from Wine, if it
installs ok, is not perhaps a good idea.

libwine 49% done. Nigel.