[Wine] 0.9.14 source + invisible fonts prob

A. Drosos drososa at otenet.gr
Tue Jun 6 13:19:02 CDT 2006

Hi all

I build today 0.9.14 from source on a Linuxfromscratch system (gcc-4.0.3,
glibc-2.3.6, binutils-2.16.1, Xorg7.1, freetype-2.1.10). My first attempt
aborted on the configuration step, indicating that it couldn't find freetype
even though the only part that seemed to be missing was:
     checking for freetype/ftnames.h... no
everything else on freetype being yes. Anyway, the advice at the end of
configure was to install FontForge otherwise I would have absolutely no font
visibility. I installed the latest FontForge, 7-May-2006, and I was able to
build wine. However, I saw from the build logs that there were many missing
glyphs when the ../tools/sfnt2fnt program was run.

In the past, I was able to copy my windows fonts to the
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts/ directory and get wine running. This
directory is now empty and copying windows fonts there still does not make the
fonts in e.g. winecfg vivible.

Should I downgrade FontForge? Do something else? I would greatly appreciate any
pointers.

TIA