[Wine] Internet Explorer 6 Setup & App D

David Dawson gobble_em_up at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 16:55:38 CDT 2006

>> find the executable anywhere in .wine. What does it take to _actually_
>> run IE6 (assuming it really is there)?
>>

> I don't know the answer to this question, because I'm only concerned
> with having the ability to install IE6.  I don't actually use IE6 in
> wine.  Most likely you'll have to use some set of dll overrides to run
> IE6 (run, not install).

OK, fair enough. I couldn't find any IE executable, so I wonder if it really
is installed?  The proper question to ask might be 'how do I invoke IE
(native) in wine? And then fiddle about to get the MSIE (if it's really
there), which I don't mind doing myself. I can understand that the MSIE
itself might actually be a dll, so I figure If I can issue the right
command to wine, I can get it to load MSIE instead of native IE.

Thanks.
--
If you wrestle in the mud with a pig.
you both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

-- Dave Dawson