[Wine] Internet Explorer 6 Setup & App D

Richard W. Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Wed Jun 7 17:12:47 CDT 2006

David Dawson wrote:

>>>find the executable anywhere in .wine. What does it take to _actually_
>>>run IE6 (assuming it really is there)?
>>>

>>I don't know the answer to this question, because I'm only concerned
>>with having the ability to install IE6.  I don't actually use IE6 in
>>wine.  Most likely you'll have to use some set of dll overrides to run
>>IE6 (run, not install).
>>

>OK, fair enough. I couldn't find any IE executable, so I wonder if it really
>is installed?  The proper question to ask might be 'how do I invoke IE
>(native) in wine? And then fiddle about to get the MSIE (if it's really
>there), which I don't mind doing myself. I can understand that the MSIE
>itself might actually be a dll, so I figure If I can issue the right
>command to wine, I can get it to load MSIE instead of native IE.
>
>Thanks.

You should have an Internet Explorer executable. It's full path should
be ".wine/drive_c/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE. If you
don't have this somewhere in your wine installation then Internet
Explorer did not install correctly. I do have this file but I am unable
to start native Internet Explorer even with the full path to it's
executable on the wine command line.

Rick Knight