[Wine] libwine.so.1

Francesco Pietra frapietra at alice.it
Sat Jun 10 11:04:53 CDT 2006

With debian etch 32bit, an upgrade led to X-system no more starting. Soon
recovered, after removing from sources.list both Sarge and sid:
#apt-get update
#apt-get -u upgrade
#apt-get -f install

However, applications in wine do not start. errorlog:

/usr/lib/wine/wine.bin: error loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot
open shared object files: No such files or directory

wine suggestion: reconfigure with winecfg (which I did not find; I have
installed winetools)

#apt-file update
#apt-file search libwine.so.1
       libwine: usr/lib/libwine.so.1
that is, wine is the package for such lib, as far as I can understand.

I have looked at
/usr/lib/wine/wine.bin
however, as a binary file, I got no info.

Suggestions? thank you
francesco pietra