[Wine] wine 0.9.14, Xorg7.1 and nvidia driver

A. Drosos drososa at otenet.gr
Sun Jun 11 08:10:29 CDT 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:00:12 -0500, Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:

>A few days ago someone on the fedora-test list posted the following that
>seems may be applicable to your problem.  It may be worth a try and see
>if the work-around fixes your issue.

Thank you Jeff. I was already using this option to enable font visibility in
my X-windows. The proprietary nvidia driver doesn't work otherwise with Xorg
7.1.  However, this option has no effect on wine fonts. I do have to fall back
on the slower nv driver if I use wine. Probably something to do with the font
generation mechanism.

Anyway, as another person said this is "cutting edge" and I have to wait for
nvidia to release a new driver if I want 3d accel.

Unless someone comes up with another option?

Thanks guys.