[Wine] Regression testing Money 2004

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 16:07:37 CDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 20:41 +0000, Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > Any suggestions with where I go from here?  I suppose there is always a
> > chance that if you bisect the repository at an arbitrary point between x
> > and y there is always likely to be a couple of broken modules.
>
> Yes, indeed. Bisection should always start with known good sources, i.e.
> the starting and ending point should be released wine versions.

The start and end points were 0.9.9 (good) and 0.9.12 (bad), but
starting and ending with released version doesn't guarantee that the
central point between them will compile.

When I complain that Wine won't run Money, the cry goes up "do a
regression test - it's easy".  Well it's not easy for a non-programmer
like me when this happens.  I have no idea where I go from here.

Tony