[Wine] Re: wine-0.9.15 & winetools problems

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 12:04:21 CDT 2006

On 6/12/06, samuel herzog <sam_herzog at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your point of view will not help for users comming from windows and would
> like to switch to linux.
>
> Things like this :
>
> > $ rm -rf .wine
> > $ wineprefixcreate
> > $ cp inseng.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32
> > $ wine ie6setup.exe

There's only one more step in this process then there would be
otherwise (line 3).  You can even leave out the first line.  It's
there for good measure.  If by 'your viewpoint', you're referring to
my comment about winetools, I don't see what the problem
is...winetools doesn't work anymore, and it's led to countless
troubles and duplicate, invalid reports.

> in not what a windows user wants to see.
> I can tell it from my own expirience. I had to make a vb-app running on wine
> and it took me
> several month of try&error.

There's no trial and error with the above instructions, you just run
it like it says.  I'm sorry you had trouble getting your vb-app to run
in wine, but I don't see how that applies to this situation.

--
James Hawkins